More than 17 years of experience in graphic design and production, with a background in both digital and print publications for Government and Energy clients. Expertise in creating, designing, and updating materials such as posters and flyers, logos, newsletters, brochures, Web pages, illustrations for conferences, specialized projects, and large-scale promotions.
Hardware: Macintosh, IBM PCs and compatibles
Graphics and Page Layout: Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Acrobat XI, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and photo scanning/scanning software
Programming: Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
ICF International, Graphic Designer, Production Artist, Rockville, MD, 1998–2015
Clients: Ameren Missouri, Consumers Energy, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Defense (DoD), Environmental Protection Agency, Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Institutes of Health, the Department of Health and Human Services, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, REL Mid-Atlantic, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Developed a step-by-step instruction guide to aid designers in creating fillable forms. Taught colleagues how to create fillable forms.
- Created and updated promotional products such as toolkits, flyers, mailers, surveys, digital ads and banners, print ads, business cards, order forms, and look books.
- Developed and updated conference materials, including PowerPoint presentations, posters, handouts, badges, table tents, and folders.
- Formatted technical materials that included reports, fact sheets, and newsletters.
- Applied creative branding to ensure a consistent look across suites of materials.
- Updated posters and advertisements for various audiences by customizing them with special logos and content.
- Prepared materials for Government Printing Office production.
- Searched for appropriate and often highly specialized photos for placement in materials.
- Collaborated with the ICF Web team to develop attractive and optimized Web images and animation.
- Worked closely with other designers, creative and art directors, editors, and the video studio team to ensure that products were of the highest quality.
- Served as a key member of the design team for contracts to promote energy efficiency among Consumers Energy, Ameren Missouri, and Entergy Arkansas customers and contractors.
- Applied rebranding treatments to the full suite of HVAC materials for Consumers Energy.
- Created the logo for DoD’s Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proud, a website to encourage young service members to stop using tobacco products.
- Developed and refined PowerPoint presentations for multiday intensive trainings, presenter and participant guidebooks, and complex graphs and charts for USAID Zambia Communications Support for Health.
- Served as part of a team supporting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by developing wallet cards, magnets, PowerPoint presentations, and posters.
- Contributed to a wide range of materials for the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communications Disorders. Updated, revised, and created new fact sheets, in English and Spanish, on topics such as ear infections, deafness, balance, and taste and smell. Maintained the Institute’s yearly guide of resources for both print and Web editions.
- Created visual representations of self-help messages for target audiences in support of contracts with DoD and SAMHSA’s A Family Guide To Keeping Youth Mentally Healthy & Drug Free.
- Developed and updated Web graphics, exhibits, magazine and newspaper ads, fact sheets, brochures, and posters for the Commissioned Corps.
Freelance Designer, 2000–2013
- For Artsites, a Jewish art guild, designed postcards to promote shows, such as the fashion show, “High Tea and Wearable Art Fashion Show Artists’ Market,” in May 2009, and general exhibits from 2000 through 2013.
- Created flyers, including one for the “Art of Many Colors” show, as well as credit card signs and art labels.
- Designed postcards and other promotional products for JAMmARTt, a Jewish and Muslim collaborative exhibit, from 2011 through 2013.
- Developed promotional pieces such as postcards, flyers, exhibit art, and business cards for local art shows. Also created and maintained artist website.
B.A., Imaging and Digital Arts, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, 1998
Coursework, Computer Graphics, Montgomery College, Rockville, MD, 2003
- Hermes Creative Awards, Uganda Campaign, 2014
- ICF International Services Employee of the Month Award, September 2006
- ICF International Customer Service Award, 2006
- Best Exhibit Award, Commissioned Corps Exhibit, 2006 APHA conference, Boston
- Juried Art Exhibition, Montgomery College, Spring 2004
- Juried Art Exhibition, Montgomery College, Winter 1996
Certifications, Skills, And Training
Section 508-compliance training, ICF, 2008, 2009
Microsoft Office 2003 PowerPoint Specialist certification, 2005